FIVE DAYS FIVE WAYS….to gently detox!
Guest Blog Post by Caitlin Langford - Doterra Representative and qualified Nurse.
Today we bring you some ideas to SIMPLY and SUSTAINABLY support the body’s natural ability to detoxify itself. Given that so many of us have been in lockdowns, I don’t want to suggest we do this with any sort of ’STRICTNESS,’ it just wouldn’t feel right to say ‘righto peeps, no wine/chocolate/etc.’
Let’s NOT remove ANY of the things that currently bring us joy!
INSTEAD….you could try this… if you drink 20 glasses of wine each night, maybe aim for 18 instead?
If you have 2 alcohol free nights per week, maybe try for 3-4 this week?
You know what I’m saying?
Go gently with you!
But definitely add these rituals into your daily practices - and you will be continually helping your body to rid itself of toxins ALL the time.
Grapefruit + Tangerine Essential Oils
SO - Did you know that our liver is one of our greatest ‘detoxification’ organs? I feel like many of us ‘know’ this, but do you know why?
It’s because our liver is our HIGHEST producer of ANTIOXIDANTS! Antioxidants are the things that run around our body and collect the FREE RADICALS (which are basically atoms that damage our cells in the form of illness/ageing).
One of THE MAIN main antioxidants that is found in cells around our bodies is GLUTATHIONE. It prevents cell damage, and well as detoxifies chemicals in the liver.
The TWO OILS THAT SUPPORT OUR BODIES TO PRODUCE GLUTATHIONE ARE GRAPEFRUIT AND TANGERINE!
Ways to use GRAPEFRUIT + TANGERINE
- Add a drop to your FRESSKO through the day (warm or cool)
- Add a drop to a cool mineral water at the end of the day - try in place of your alcoholic beverage
- Add a drop or two to your salad dressings
- Add a drop to your drinking CACAO
- Make a dark chocolate bark with toasted seeds and nuts (use a good quality dark chocolate, organic if possible)
- Diffuser blends
(Note - citrus oils are photosensitive - meaning they are a beacon for the sun. If using topically, please apply an SPF, or avoid the sun after application)
If you don’t have grapefruit or tangerine - substitute for ANY CITRUS!
FOODS THAT ARE AWESOME; Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, asparagus, potatoes, carrots, avocado, squash, spinach, melons. ALSO, meat and dairy!
Why body brush? Read on, and I’ll explain why dry brushing is great for circulation AND FOR detoxification. I Love to body brush! I do it a couple of times per week and it’s addictive!
Use Smart and sassy Essential oil w body brush OR make a body scrub, using smart and sassy 🍓🍓🍓
SO, Why is body brushing great for you? Good question!
Body brushing is a traditional natural health practice, which involves dry brushing the skin before a shower or bath. Dry body brushes offer amazing benefits through exfoliation, increased circulation, cellulite reduction, smoother skin and body brushing detoxifies the lymphatic system. A dry body brush leaves your skin visibly smoother and you'll also find that your body moisturisers/oil will go further and save you $ because they soak into the skin more easily. Using a natural body brush provides better results than a synthetic body brush because the natural plant bristles have tiny hooks and imperfections which gather the dead skin while sweeping over the body.
Here is a YouTube on HOW to DRY BODY BRUSH! It’s ten mins long, so feel free to skip to the relevant parts, BUT I like this video because it’s more focused on brushing for LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE, and not just for the beauty aspects - thought obviously you’re get ALL the benefits!
ADD SOME SMART AND SASSY TO YOUR BRUSH!
Smart and sassy is our metabolic bend! Its amazing for your circulation, and your skin. SO using it WITH your dry body brush will really amplify the results.
Simply add 4-6 drops to your brush and away you go!
OTHER USES FOR SMART + SASSY -
Add to your water for metabolic support
Helps to curb sugar cravings - cinnamon helps to regulate the blood sugars.
Add to bliss balls to help with insulin spikes, and tastes YUMMY!
NOTE - If you don’t have smart and sassy yet, you can also use pink pepper or endocrine on your body brush.
Smart and sassy + body brushing = an awesome detoxifying combo!
Can grab a body brush from Biome or Nourished Life. Links in comments.
Detox body oil
After dry body brushing, let’s treat our skin! Let’s treat it with nourishing oils, that will continue the detoxification process. We’ve already stimulated our circulation and warmed up the lymphatic draining, let’s help the body to continue this process with the application of a nourishing body oil.
I make mine:
- YOU’LL need - a pump bottle (glass is best), carrier oils (I use a combination of avocado, fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil), and chosen Essential oils;
- Basil or Aromatouch, lavender, smart and sassy, zendocrine, pepper or pink pepper, lavender, geranium, frankincense, copaiba!
- These oils are suggestions! This is your open invitation to do FULL PIRATE on this and get creative.
- REMEMBER - ALL oils come packed with their health benefits so you can’t really go wrong here.
- I’ve chosen these, any combination of as they’re great for stimulating circulation and detoxification.
If you don’t have a pump bottle…that’s OKAY….mix them up in a dish/jar and pop in a bottle when you can!
DRY BODY BRUSH + SHOWER + BODY OIL = AMAZING!
Zendocrine - The most POWERFUL DETOXIFICATION oil
ZENDOCRINE is a great way to cleanse and support your body’s systems. I love to pop a drop of this in my FRESSKO and take with me on the road!
The Zendocrine Detoxification Blend is composed of; Rosemary, Cilantro, and Juniper Berry, which are known for their detoxifying properties, and other essentials oils like Tangerine and Geranium, which have purifying effects against unhealthy substances.
When combined, these essential oils work together to create a blend that rids the body of toxins and free radicals, while supporting the healthy function of many of the body’s vital organs, including the liver, colon, kidneys, lungs, and skin.
Zendocrine Uses and Benefits
- One of the most valued benefits of Zendocrine oil is its ability to support the body’s natural aptitude to rid itself of unwanted substances. With the aid of Zendocrine, the body can better cleanse and purify the areas that need it most.
- Zendocrine oil is an ideal essential oil to use internally as it can support healthy liver function. One way to receive these liver-supporting benefits is by adding one to two drops of Zendocrine oil to citrus drinks, teas, or water. This method provides a safe and healthy way to ingest Zendocrine and obtain its benefits faster.
- Among its many benefits, Zendocrine also delivers powerful antioxidants that can fight against free radicals.* Free radicals can slow down the body’s systems, leaving a heavy and weighted feeling.* When antioxidants are introduced to the body, they help ward off these free radicals and reduce their effects. By using Zendocrine, you’ll be providing your body with needed antioxidants.*
4. If you’re looking to begin a lifestyle change or need help kick-starting a New Year’s resolution, take one drop of doTERRA Zendocrine daily for one week as part of an internal cleansing regimen.* Zendocrine oil can help purify and detoxify the body’s systems and is a great step toward assisting your body in the cleaning process.*
5. Not only does Zendocrine help with healthy liver function, it also assists with the function of many other organs.* When used internally, Zendocrine supports
the healthy cleansing and filtering functions of the kidneys, lungs, skin, colon, and liver.*
NOTES - I love using this oil. It’s one I’ll frequently use with my dry body brush as well.
You can take internally, but you can also massage a couple of drops topically. I pop a couple of drops into the palm of my hand, mix with some carrier and apply to my lower back. Would massage that directly onto my liver if I could….lower back is the next best bet!
Whose massaging with this today? Or adding to body brush? Or taking internally
SUPPLEMENTATION - LIFELONG VITALITY AND SOME NEW ONES TO ADD INTO THE MIX!
OKAY OKAY OKAY… SO, I’ve probably saved the most important aspect of this until last.
You guys would have all heard me say - time and time again - that if you want to change your experience of health, change what you put in your mouth.
So, what do I actually mean by that?
WELL - the basics really - water loads of it (filtered if possible), I keep my FRESSKO vessels loaded ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! Fruit and vegetables as many varieties as you can, get them into everything, quality proteins and good fats.
Good food does NOT need to be complicated - it can be really simple - just focus on the basics.
As for supplementing - well that has a really important place too - providing it’s done well!
Obviously I’m going to talk about LIFELONG VITALITY here. But stay tuned for some newbies too;
LIFELONG VITALITY are my number one selling product site wide. They are TGA approved, naturopathic grade supps, you can see the TGA listing here. TGA listed means that ALL OF THESE CLAIMS HAVE BEEN BACKED UP AND ARE SUPPORTED BY SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH/DATA.
You can note that the first point here is supporting antioxidant production and preventing cell damage - which is particularly relevant to this chat!
Other functions especially relevant to detoxifying the body - are healthy bladder support, healthy bowel support, gut support, and the greens found in the food and nutrient complex.
You can check out more about LLV on my website here
Most of my customers are already taking these guys, with great success, which is AMAZING! BUT there are a few others you need to get around;
- Combines the complementary benefits of both turmeric essential oil with the joint support of the curcuminoids of turmeric extract in a unique and convenient delivery system*
- Helps support a healthy inflammatory response in the body*
- May help the body fight free radicals and protect the body from oxidative damage*
- Improves skin firmness and reduces skin imperfections*
- Illuminates and brightens complexion*
- Provides powerful antioxidant support*
- Promotes cellular health*
- Supports healthy metabolic function*
- Supports healthy digestion and metabolism of enzyme-deficient, processed foods*
- Supports conversion of food nutrients to cellular energy*
- Promotes gastrointestinal comfort and food tolerance*
- Supports healthy production of metabolic enzymes*
- Proprietary blend of 10 active whole-food enzymes
- Contains the doTERRA tummy tamer blend of Peppermint, Ginger, and Caraway Seed
- Sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetable capsules
- Safe and effective
ZENDOCRINE DETOXIFICATION COMPLEX
- Supports healthy cleansing and filtering functions of the liver, kidneys, colon, lungs, and skin*
- Supports normal self-detoxification functions of the cleansing organs*
I ran this DETOXIFICATION PROGRAM as a five day even in my private group last week - it was so much fun! Live videos and further education every day, and we ‘habit stacked’ these FIVE TIPS over the week.
Obviously a Fressko of some kind is never far from my grasp, they just go seamlessly hand in hand!
If you don’t have a natural tool kit in your life yet….it’s a decision you will NOT regret! You can contact me on email@example.com, @the.mamas.collective or via my website https://www.themamascollective.net.au
Guest Blog Post by Caitlin Langford - Doterra Representative and qualified Nurse.